AirTight360 – A fresher, safer, & more comfortable home
Interested in spray foam or making your existing insulation perform like it should? Are you concerned about indoor air quality? Do you have rooms that are too hot or too cold? Want to be more comfortable and save on your utility bills? Then AirTight360 is for you!
Our AirTight360 hybrid spray foam insulation solution is based on proven building science principles.
The Benefits of our Airtight360 Foam Insulation Solution:
- Spray Foam Performance without the hassle!
- You don’t need to leave your home for 24 hours while the foam off gasses!
- We can install it in your home in less than a day!
- Usually is half the price of spray foaming your entire attic!
What is the process?
Remove – (Option) If your home was built before 2000, you may want to consider removing the old matted down ineffective insulation. We will inspect the attic to make sure it isn’t contaminated with rodent urine and feces. Our insulation removal machines are designed to remove the old, compressed insulation so you can get a clean start.
Sanitize – (Option) Who knows what has been in your attic over the years. You would certainly like to know that it is not only clean, but virtually germ-free. Once the old insulation has been removed, we will spray a germicide over the complete attic floor.
Spray Foam – We apply a low pressure spray foam to all the gaps, cracks and penetrations in your attic to keep the air you paid for in your home as long as possible. If you are going to do one thing to your home to improve comfort and energy efficiency, this is it. Air Sealing is more important than replacing your windows, more important than adding insulation, more important than virtually any other energy-saving improvement. It will pay you back year after year with additional comfort and energy savings every year. We do a Complete Air Seal which gives you the performance of encapsulating your attic in spray foam. A complete Air Seal needs to include: recessed lights, chases, top plates, plumbing and electrical penetrations, HVAC register boots, and the attic access.
Attic Ducts – For some crazy reason homebuilders place the ducts and HVAC systems in the most hostile environment in your home, the attic. Depending upon the age and condition of your duct work, they may be leaking as much as 40%. Think about it, 40% of the air you’re paying to heat or cool never makes it inside your home. By sealing the leaks, the conditioned air now goes where it’s supposed to, inside your home and with the additional duct insulation, it will arrive at the desired temperature.
Attic Insulation – We use premium insulation, the pink stuff, L77 ProPink by Owens Corning. No formaldehyde, no boric acid, nothing but clean, fresh, new technology fiberglass. This is not your father’s fiberglass insulation. Owens Corning invented a new high-performance fiberizing technology. This improves the yield by 18%. The Department of Energy recommends R30 – R60 (10 to 20 inches) for the Atlanta area. Arbor recommends R38 to R49 with our AirTight360 solution. This provides you with twice as much R-Value than you would get with a typical spray foamed attic!
- Improved comfort – Keep the conditioned air you paid for in your home as long as possible
- More Money in your pocket – our AirTight360 is typically 40 to 50% less than spray foam
- Reduced energy bills – saves money on your heating and cooling energy costs
- Works forever – you install air sealing once and it performs for the life of your home
- Improved air quality – by preventing pollutants, allergens and pests from entering your home
- Performance – Your HVAC equipment won’t run as often, extending its life expectancy